Dubois 92` Ketch For Sale - £850,000
Vital Statistics of the Dubois 92` Ketch
Interested In This Boat?
This Dubois 92` Ketch is for sale for £850,000
For further information on this boat, please click the button below, or telephone Simon Walworth on
+44 (0) 7855 787561
Short Description of the Dubois 92` Ketch
Dubois 92' ketch 'LICORNE' is a superb blue water cruising yacht which has been in her current ownership for around 20 years. During this time this Dubois 92' ketch has been fully crewed throughout and has circumnavigated the globe, including cruising in Antarctica. She enjoyed a
serious refit at Orams Marine in New Zealand in 2005 prior to her world cruise. She has always been kept in thoroughly turn
key condition and has just completed a serious nautical makeover including new paint on both hull and superstructure, on both masts and booms and full update of her systems for another round the world voyage. This was due to commence Winter 2012.
However, her owner's plans have now changed and she is therefore now being offered for sale prepared and ready for this
The Dubois 92' ketch is a proper blue water cruising yacht with outstanding pedigree. Originally built as TWIRLYBIRD to a custom design from Ed Dubois and built at Dubbel & Jesse in Germany. Her current owner has remained loyal to the quality and spirit of the yacht and she has always been a large budget yacht. In return she has taken him on incredible adventures not only to Antarctica, Ushuaia and the Falklands, but also to Chile, the East Coast of the USA , the Caribbean and all parts of the Mediterranean as well as
Australia, New Zealand, Polynesia and Indian Ocean. She is now ready for serious adventures with her new owner.
Engines & Propulsion
Engine & Gearboxes:
• 1 x Mercedes 12 cylinders - OM 424 V12 - Max. 414 HP diesel engine.
• Twin Disc International Nivelles-Belgium gearbox - Model MG-514C, Reduction Ratio 2:1. Rebuilt January 2012.
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine completely rebuilt in March 2012.
• Engine Hours: 2,190 @ October 2013.
• Range: 2000nm @ 9 knots, 2500nm @ 8 knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
• Hundested Propulsion Systems propeller - Model FR, Size 6, Intermediate Shaft ST50-2, Muff Coupling GGG-42.
• Spurs Marine MFG propeller cutter - Model F1.
• Deep Sea Seal Ltd deep sea seal - Model EL.
• Richfield Marine bow thruster - Model 400RA, Rated 19-38 kW , 25-50 HP, Controlled by 1 Bosch Rexroth Proportional Valve.
• Whitlock universal joint steering system; 2 x combined stations (wheelhouse and cockpit).
Boatmatch Tip: Want more advice about buying this Dubois 92` Ketch? Checkout our Boatmatch Buyers Guide!
The Electrical Systems of this Dubois 92` Ketch - Voltage Systems:
• 24V (a few electronics units at 12V).
• 32 x 6V Batteries (Service) - Total 2000 AH 24V - April 2013.
• 4 x 12V Batteries (Engine) - Total 180 AH 24V.
• 4 (2+2) x 12V Batteries (Generators) - Total 90AH 24V (each).
• Mastervolt Battery Monitor.
• 3 x Mastervolt 100 A (each).
• 1 x 50 Ah for Main Engine Start Batteries.
• 2 x 120 Ah Motorola for Service Batteries.
• 1 x Port Generator Start Batteries.
• 1 x Stbd Generator Start Batteries.
• 2 x Northern Lights 26kW - 50Hz - Model M944W (March 2008).
• Generator Hours: Port generator hrs. 4,746 @ Oct. 2013; Stbd. generator hrs. 3,900 @ Oct. 2013.
• 1 x Fischer Panda 10kW - 50Hz - Model PMS 12.000 NE (May 2009).
• Generator Hours: 1,250 @ October 2013.
- Shore Power:
• 220V @ 50 Hz.
• 1 x AGF IST4 - 50Hz - Max 4000 W - Continuous 1000 W inverter.
• 1 x Mastervolt Dakar Sine 24 V - 3000 W inverter.
• 1 x Mastervolt Dakar Combi 24 V - 3000 W - Charger 100 Amps inverter.
Navigation & Performance Systems
• NorthStar 8000I System network equipped with: Chart plotter - C-Map, 10 kW Radar 6' Open Array - Range 72 nm, 1kW
depth sounder, 15" display unit (Pilothouse), 12" waterproof display unit (Cockpit) & Video camera for engine room monitoring.
• Furuno TZT 14" Touchscreen Unit equipped with (March 2013): Chart Plotter - C-Map, Furuno DRS6A 6kW Radar 4' Open
Array - Range 64 nm.
• B&G Hydra System equipped with:wind station, speed, depth sounder, compass - 16 displays.
• Comar CSB200 AIS class B unit with Vesper watchmate display.
• Tokimek Gyro Compass GM 21 equipped with (Rebuilt June 2013): Scandinavian Micro Systems gyro repeater LR60.
• VEI Ocean View Apollo II Thermal & Low Light Camera.
• Furuno Navtex
• Robertson/Neco Hydraulic 0.5HP-24V autopilot motor.
• 1 x Robertson AP45 Unit with Wireless Remote Control.
• 1 x Simrad AP24 Unit + AC12 B/B with WR20 Remote Control (March 2013).
• Sailor Fleet 77 - data Speed 128k.
• Sailor Iridium SC4150.
• Thrane & Thrane Sat C TT3020C
• 3 x Sailor C403 VHF Stations.
• Icom ICM- 505 DSC VHF with Cockpit Icom Comandmic 3.
• 4 x Icom hand held VHF.
• TM Ocean Minder Tracking Unit (via Inmarsat).
• Desktop PC.
• Printer A4/A3 RICOH 610N.
• Internet Wireless Bridge System.
Boatmatch Tip: Need advice about possibly insuring this Dubois 92` Ketch? Checkout our Boatmatch Insurance Guide!
• The system is powered from either 26kW Generators by PTO's powering the bow thruster and windlasses with a pressure of
140 bar at the units.
• Oil Tank Dimensions: 550 x 700 x 400 mm. HxLxW.
• Capacity: 150 Litres.
• 2 x Rexroth Hydraulic Pumps Model A10VO 71 DFR/31 R-PSC 61 NOO.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
• 2 x Gianneschi & Ramacciotti ECOINOX C.E series fresh water pumps.
• 2 x Sigmar boilers - Model BO80U316, Capacity 80 Litres; Each 1 x 1200W + 1 x 1500W 240V; Dimensions: 450x760 mm
• 2 x HEM Series 20 - Each unit produces approximately 180 lts./ 47 gal. per hour - Total 360 lts./ 95 gal. per hour.
• 2 x Calpeda Priming Pumps - Model 22 0.55 kW.
• 2 x CAT H/P Pumps - Model LMP 90LS 1.5 kW.
• 2 x Remote Control Units.
• Each bilge has a separate pump - 5 x bilge pumps 24V in total and 1 x emergency high volume petrol bilge pump/fire pump.
• Total fuel capacity of 5,194 litres (1,142 IMP gal / 1,371 US gal).
• FWD Tank 1.514 Litres (333 IMP gal / 399 US gal).
• CENTRE Tank 1.475 Litres (324 IMP gal / 389 US gal).
• STBD Tank 990 Litres (217 IMP gal / 260 US gal).
• PORT Tank 990 Litres (217 IMP gal / 260 US gal).
• DAY Tank 225 Litres (49 IMP gal / 58 US gal).
• Total water capacity of 2,610 litres (574 IMP gal / 689 US gal).
• Port 810 Litres (178 IMP gal / 213 US gal).
• Starboard 810 Litres (178 IMP gal / 213 US gal).
• Aft 765 Litres (168 IMP gal / 201 US gal).
- • Desalinator tank 225 Litres (49 IMP gal / 58 US gal).
Grey/Black water holding tanks:
• 3 x Gianneschi & Ramaciotti Pumps - Model ECO-MV 44kW 0.3HP.
• Grey Water Tank Forward: 624 Litres (137 IMP gal / 164 US gal).
• Grey Water Tank After: 720 Litres (158 IMP gal / 189 US gal).
• Black Water Tank: 624 Litres (137 IMP gal / 164 US gal).
• Cockpit table with electric height adjustment - dining, coffee and sun platform position.
• Side boarding ladder.
• Stern passerelle.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
• 2 x Maxwell Windlasses - Model VWC4500 with Electronic Chain Counters.
• 2 x 150 Kg CQR Anchors with S/S Kong Swivels.
• 100m of 13mm chain @ Port.
• 70m of 13mm chain @ Stbd.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
• Dodger system and cockpit cover extension.
• Cockpit sun awning.
Tender & Outboard:
• Novurania 4.30 m. equipped with: Yamaha 60 Hp 4 Stroke Outboard - Model F60 CETL-EF, Garmin depth sounder/fish
finder, DSC VHF & Garmin Oregon 400C Gps with charts.
• 3 x 406 MHz EPIRBS.
• Sea Marshall RDF Man Over Board System + 4 x 121.5 MHz EPIRBS.
• 2 x Horse Shoe Life Rings.
• 2 x Viking 8 Men Offshore Life Rafts ( Last service March 2013).
• 1 x Ocean Safety Jonbouy Man Overboard Module (Sep. 2013).
• 6 x Inflatable Lifejackets.
• 3 x Sailing dry suits.
• 13 x Plastimo Typhoon Life Jackets.
• Portable fire extinguishers
• Portable emergency fire pump.
Note: Any items not expressly listed within these sales particulars are not including in the sale; more specifically any effects
and equipment etc.
. Contact the seller of this Dubois 92` Ketch for more details.
Rigging & Winches
Rigging & Winches equipped on this Dubois 92` Ketch - Rig:
• Cutter headed ketch rig with furling spars from Rondal.
• The rig was surveyed in June 2011. All defective parts were replaced. In the winter of 2012 the rigs were unstepped and all
potentially worn parts replaced. All blocks, hydraulic motors, swivels and fittings, including both booms, were carefully checked
• Hydraulic Rondall Furlers for Genoa, Main Sail and Mizzen; 3-Way Hydraulic - 2 x pumps Bosch 0136-355060; 24V 1500W
• Carbon pole.
• 2 x Lewmar L98 24V Electric Winches.
• 2 x Lewmar L65 ST 24V Electric Winches.
• 4 x Lewmar L55 ST 24V Electric Winches.
Sails of the Dubois 92` Ketch - Sails:
• Halsey Lidguard Cuban Fiber Genoa 2006
• Halsey Lidguard Cuban Fiber Main Sail 2006.
• Halsey Lidguard Cuban Fiber Mizzen Sail 2006.
• Halsey Lidguard Dacron Main Sail 2011.
• Halsey Lidguard Dacron Genoa 2012.
• UK Halsey Mizzen Staysail (with sock) 2010.
• Zaoli Sails Cruising Chute (with sock).
• Zaoli Sails Staysail.
• Hood Storm Staysail.
Summary of Accommodation:
• Sleeps up to 6 guests in 3 cabins (1 x master cabin plus 2 x guest cabins) with crew accommodations for up to 4 in 2 x
Description of layout from forwards:
There is a large lazarette compartment forward which can be accessed via the crew accommodation heads compartment which
is directly behind it. There is a full width crew cabin with 4 berths. At the moment, one of these is used for storage. The crew
accommodation is finished in teak as with the rest of the yacht and to the same high standard. The yacht has teak floors
throughout although the guest accommodation and main saloon have cream, bound carpets fitted as well.
There is a corridor aft of this leading to the skipper's cabin which is to starboard. To port is a generous twin guest cabin. The
corridor leads to the galley which is executed in white formica with corian surfaces for easy clean and it has a u shaped
working surface with sinks forward and cooker outboard. There is enormous refrigeration to give the yacht capability to spend
extended periods offshore. Currently there is a lot of emphasis placed on the standard of cooking aboard LICORNE and this is reflected in the galley equipment. The galley leads into the main saloon.
To port is another door into a large double guest cabin with lots of storage and a desk. A generous heads compartment is
located between this and the second guest cabin forward and is shared between the 2 cabins.
The main saloon has a large leather seat with chairs and a dining table on the fwd section and a big separate seating area to
starboard. The cabin has large port lights and 2 hatches which provide great atmosphere and light and the bulkheads are lined
with books. This owner had this cabin remodeled in his ownership. This is an enchanting cabin. There is easy access to the
pilothouse which has steering, navigational equipment and a large seat aft for passage making. There are steps up to the
The cockpit was completely redesigned by this owner and has a helm station to starboard forward. Aft is a generous seating
area with a hydraulically operated table which gives the area the flexibility to be used for dining, as a coffee table or as a large
Aft of the main saloon there are steps down to a passageway which houses the main electrical panels and to starboard is
access into the engine room which well thought out for maintenance purposes.
At the end of the corridor is the entrance to the owner's cabin with 2 double berths port and starboard, a dressing table and
large en-suite heads compartment.
Boatmatch Tip: Have a question about the accommodation of the Dubois 92` Ketch? Contact the seller via clicking on the registering interest button above.
Dubois 92` Ketch For Sale is lying in Marmaris, Turkey. At 28.04 metres (approx. 91.99 feet) this Dubois 92` is a bargain at £850,000.
Similar Boats To This Dubois 92` Ketch For Sale
Najad 331 Boat For Sale
Grand Soleil 54 Boat For Sale
Turkish Tirandhil Traditional wooden yacht Boat For Sale
Beneteau Oceanis 54 *reduced* Boat For Sale
Landi 28 Boat For Sale
Corby IRC 36 Boat For Sale
Island Packet 35 Boat For Sale
Custom 30m deck saloon RINA/TURK LLOYD Boat For Sale
Hoek Design Truly Classic 51 Boat For Sale
Cantiere del Pardo Grand Soleil 45 Boat For Sale