Nautor Swan Swan 68 For Sale - £495,000
Vital Statistics of the Nautor Swan Swan 68
Interested In This Boat?
This Nautor Swan Swan 68 is for sale for £495,000
For further information on this boat, please click the button below, or telephone Simon Walworth on
+44 (0) 7855 787561
Short Description of the Nautor Swan Swan 68
First launched in April 1993, SEA EAGLE was built just beautifully as we would expect of Nautor Swan. She had a very comprehensive specification and is perfect as a powerful and fast cruising yacht or for regattas. Her current owners have lavished care and resource on the yacht to ensure that she is in tip top shape. Shortly after purchase in the winter of 2011, they did a refit to SEA EAGLE and added the following
• Sailor Fleet BB250 with additional handset in owner’s cabin.
• Icom M505 VHF and Command Mic at helm.
• Icom M801 E SSB.
• TH Bury cell phone cradle with external antennae.
• Furuno SC50 satellite compass.
• Furuno GP 32 GPS with data distribution through isolated buffers.
• Raymarine ST60 speed depth and wind systems.
• Additional St60 wind and graphic displays.
• Raymarine SPX30 and 2 off ST6002 control Autopilot system (hydraulic pump also replaced).
• Ruggedized shuttle style comms pc with 17’’ glass fronted monitor.
• BEP 2 zone Gas alarm system.
• Muster alarm system.
• All navigation light fittings replaced (Aqua signal series 55).
• 2 off Furuno Navnet 3D MFD 12 displays.
• Maxsea time zero explorer software loaded onto comms pc and interfaced to Furuno system.
• Furuno DRS4D digital radar scanner.
• Furuno FA50 AIS transceiver.
• Replaced Radio batteries.
• Mood lighting in saloon.
• Entertainment system consisting of BOSE lifestyle 235 system in saloon, Blu-ray player, exterior BOSE 135 speakers in both cockpits.
The updates and improvements have been ongoing through their ownership of the yacht. Below are some other notable updates through the yacht’s life –
• New 12mm teak deck laid in 2008.
• New Awlgrip Aristo painted topsides in 2008.
• Full anti-osmosis treatment including nine coats of Epoxy in 2008.
• Full Engine revision including new turbo charger in 2008.
• New Navtec rod rigging in 2015.
• Mast removed and serviced in 2007; mast and boom painted 2015.
SEA EAGLE is currently laid up ready for her new owner. She has also been coded to MCA charter standards but please note, some items of equipment may require servicing before she can be re-coded for the current season.
Engines & Propulsion
Engine & Gearboxes (Revised in 2002 and 2008, new turbocharger in 2008):
• Perkins Sabre M200Ti 6-cylinder turbo-charged and intercooled marine diesel engine, output 165 kW/225 HP at 2500 rpm, with Hurth HSW 630 a reverse/reduction gear 2.52:1.
• Engine space internally sound insulated fire resistance meeting SOLAS B-15 requirements.
• Drip tray integral with engine bed.
• Wet exhaust system with fibreglass silencer, discharge through transom.
• Silencer provided with drain tap.
• Thermostat-controlled fresh water cooling with heat exchanger on engine.
• A separate heat exchanger for the consumable fresh water is included in the same circuit making hot water available whenever the engine is running.
• Seawater intake with strainer.
• Discharge through exhaust system.
Propulsion & Steering:
• Propeller shaft made of high-tensile corrosion resistant steel with flexible shaft coupling. PSS shaft seal.
• Shaft supported by rubber bearing at bracket and stern tube.
• Three-bladed feathering propeller, diameter 800 mm by LUKE.
• Cable steering gear sheaves provided with guards to prevent jamming.
• Aluminium steering quadrant bolted to rudder stock.
• 70" recessed destroyer type wheel with elkhide cover, 1.4 turns H.O. to H.O.
• Pedestal with roller bearings and friction brake. Emergency tiller stowed in lazarette.
• 11.5 HP MAXPOWER retractable powered by dedicated hydraulic power pack.
Engine Cockpit Controls:
• Engine control ON/OFF.
• Start and stop buttons/glow button.
• Paralleling button for start and service batteries.
• Single lever control of throttle and gear shift.
• Coolant temperature gauge.
• Oil pressure gauge for engine.
• Tachometer with hour meter.
• Warning light and audible alarm for low oil pressure/high coolant or exhaust temperature.
• Control light for starting and service battery charging.
• Fuel tank gauges.
Boatmatch Tip: Want more advice about buying this Nautor Swan Swan 68? Checkout our Boatmatch Buyers Guide!
The Electrical Systems of this Nautor Swan Swan 68 - Voltage Systems:
• 24v DC system with insulated return, wires are dimensioned to minimise voltage drop.
• 230v AC is a three-wire system.
• For lightning protection the headstay, backstay (unless used as SSB antenna), main shroud chain plates and mast step are grounded to ballast keel bolts with heavy cable.
• The AC system can be fed either by a diesel generator, or a 230 V shore power inlet.
• Each inlet is provided with polarity alarm, main switch and land connecting cable.
• 24 V 650 Ah for general service
• 24 V 240 Ah Radio batteries.
• 24 V 240 Ah for main engine start (2017).
• 12 V 135 Ah for diesel generator (2017).
• All battery sets are located in ventilated GRP boxes. Paralleling button for main engine starting batteries and service batteries.
• The service batteries are charged by a 140 A alternator on the main engine.
• 1 x Victron inverter (2015).
• Main engine starting batteries are charged by a 55 A alternator on the main engine.
• Diesel generator starting battery is charged by a 50 A alternator on the generator engine.
• Koehler 17KVa 50 Hz Generator (New 2007) with sound shield, electronic governor and capacitors. Injectors serviced 2017.
• Shore power inlet #1 230 V AC 50 A.
• Shore Power inlet #2 115 V 50 A via 6 kVA transformer.
Navigation & Performance Systems
• Extensive supply of Navigation equipment included in sale.
• Navigation and Communication system comprehensively upgraded in 2011, consisting of:
1. Sailor Fleet BB250 with additional handset in owner’s cabin.
2. Icom M505 VHF and Command Mic at helm.
3. Icom M801 E Single Side band.
4. TH Bury cell phone cradle with external antennal.
5. Furuno SC50 satellite compass.
6. Furuno GP 32 GPS with data distribution through isolated buffers.
7. Raymarine ST60 speed depth and wind systems.
8. Additional ST60 wind and graphic displays.
9. Raymarine SPX30 and 2 off ST6002 control Autopilot system (hydraulic pump also replaced).
10. SEAME active radar reflector.
11. Ruggedized shuttle style comms pc with 17’’ glass fronted monitor.
12. 2 x Furuno Navnet 3D MFD 12 displays.
13. Maxsea time zero explorer software loaded onto comms pc and interfaced to Furuno system.
14. Furuno DRS4D digital radar scanner.
15. Furuno FA50 AIS transceiver.
16. Furuno FAX30 weather fax/ Navtex.
17. Replace Radio batteries.
18. Relace generator battery.
Boatmatch Tip: Need advice about possibly insuring this Nautor Swan Swan 68? Checkout our Boatmatch Insurance Guide!
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
• Sea water hoses of reinforced PVC tubing, fresh water hoses of nylon and copper tubing.
• Pressurised and heated water.
• Single lever mixing faucets type Oras for washbasins, galley sinks, and showers.
• The consumable water can be heated either with engine cooling water or with a heating elements working on AC.
• Hot water tank capacity 2x 60 ltr (15.8 US gallons).
• Electrical deck wash/fire pumps with connection on fore and aft deck, 15 m (50 ft.) hose provided.
• Sea water tap in galley connected to deck wash pump.
• 190lt/hr Marinco watermaker (New Membranes 2008).
• Three bilge pumps - one electrical submersible 140 ltr/min (37 US gallons) with automatic switch, and two manual Whale Titan 100 ltr/min (26 gallons).
• Candy washing machine.
• Double Stainless steel sinks.
• Counter tops in Blue/Grey Corian.
• Front loading double-door refrigerator 240 ltr (8.5 cu.ft.).
• Cooled vegetable locker240 ltr (8.5 cu.ft.).
• Top loading freezer 140 ltr (5.0 cu.ft.).
• Whirlpool Microwave oven (powered by 220v inverter) (2015).
• Insulated and sheathed space for 4-burner gas stove and oven.
• Gas cooker refurbished (2017).
• Overhead extractor hood with light.
• Miele Dishwasher (2015).
• Lockers, drawers and storage areas.
• Drawer type drinks refrigerator (24 volt).
• Teak bread board.
• Crockery, cutlery, etc. included in sale.
• 2 x Iceberg refrigeration unit with hold-over plates for refrigerator and freezer.
• Thermostat control enabling freezer to be used as a refrigerator.
• Equipped with porcelain washbasin, mirrors, telephone type shower, towel rack, soap and paper holder, trash bin, and lockers. New sink fitting and shower fittings to all heads (2015).
• White GRP lining up to washbasin level.
• Separate shower compartment for Owner with bulkhead mounted shower head.
• For midships toilet alternatively to stainless holding tank with indication at 3/4 and 1/1 level.
• Holding tank emptied overboard by electrical pump.
• Jabsco electric quiet flush WCs in all heads compartments (2015); plumbed with the option of salt and fresh water flush (2015).
Heating & Ventilation:
• Air Conditioning reverse-cycle Condaria model 75022.
• Fan coils throughout interior.
• Eberspacher Diesel heater linked to fan coils.
• Natural ventilation in cabins with Dorade type inlets.
• Exhaust ventilators in heads and in galley.
• 12v Hella Turbo fans throughout interior.
• Air inlet with water trap, outlet with blower.
• Waterproof Forward & Aft Cockpit Speakers.
• Retractable TV SHARP AQUOS – LC20E1E in owner’s cabin, with DVD player.
• 2011 entertainment system in saloon.
• BOSE lifestyle 235 system in saloon.
• Blu-ray player in saloon.
• Exterior BOSE 135 speakers in both cockpits.
• Starboard side bookshelf includes television with combination VHS/DVD player in saloon.
• All navigation light fittings replaced 2011 (Aqua signal series 55).
• 2011 Mood lighting in saloon
• Deck shower on the starboard side aft.. Contact the seller of this Nautor Swan Swan 68 for more details.
Rigging & Winches
Rigging & Winches equipped on this Nautor Swan Swan 68 - Rig:
• Stainless steel stemhead fitting with headsail tack hooks and two anchor rollers.
• Stainless steel chainplates bolted to reinforced mast bulkhead.
• Backstay chain plate attached to hull structure.
• Roller bearing deck blocks for halyards and slab reefing at mast partners.
• Aluminium genoa sheet tracks with recirculating ball bearing cars.
• Aluminium staysail sheet tracks with recirculating ball bearing cars.
• Screw-in fittings for spinnaker aft guy blocks each side amidships.
• Screw-in fittings for trysail sheets.
• Stowage position for runners near main shrouds.
• Aluminium main sheet track with recirculating ball bearing car.
• Roller fairleads at stern.
• Aluminium mast collar.
• Scantlings to Nautor's standards.
• Spars built of extruded aluminium alloy sections.
• Triple spreader masthead rig with discontinuous shrouds.
• Nautor mast of oval section, with external tangs and Harken System C track for full-batten mainsail.
• Tapered and welded masthead with two spinnaker cranes and three Harken halyard sheaves.
• Internal wiring, shielded in PVC tubes secured to mast.
• Open spreaders of polished stainless tubing with adjustable longitudinal angle.
• Spinnaker gooseneck track with line driver tackle on forward side.
• One toggle pin each side for jockey pole.
• Neoprene mast boot with Dacron cover.
• Standing rigging (2015); of Navtec Nitronic rod., Babystay, inner forestay, runners and checkstays in Dyneema.
• Shroud rollers on babystay and main shrouds.
• Boom of oval, tapered section with internal two-part outhaul led to Lewmar 30 CST winch, and arranged for slab reefing with three reefing lines.
• One spinnaker pole and one jockey pole of round section with appropriate fittings.
• Spinnaker pole provided with recessed handles.
• Removable aluminium bowsprit prod attached to stemhead fitting.
• Rig Hydraulics for backstay adjustment, one Navtec hydraulic cylinder; for babystay and inner forestay adjustment under-deck cylinders.
• Hydraulic boom vang with high-pressure return.
• Four-function one-gauge System 50 central control panel in aft cockpit.
• 2 x Primaries Harken 1100 ST hydraulic winches with removable pedestal coffee grinders.
• 2 x Secondary Harken 980.2 ST hydraulic.
• 1 x Main Halyard Harken 66.3 ST hydraulic.
• 1 x Main Sheet Harken 66.2 ST hydraulic.
• 1 x Main Sheet Harken 66.2 ST manual.
• 1 x Halyard Harken 66.2 ST hydraulic.
• 2 x Halyards Harken 66.2 ST manual.
• 1 x Topping lift Harken 56.2 ST manual.
• 1 x Staysail Halyard Harken 56.2 ST manual.
• 2 x Traveller Harken 42.2 ST manual.
• 2 x Runners Harken 66.2 ST hydraulic.
Sails of the Nautor Swan Swan 68 - • North Sail Spectra (main sail 2008).
• Shore Sail Dacron 140% roller furling Genoa (North Sail 2002).
• Doyle storm jib.
• Doyle storm trysail.
• North Sails asymmetrical spinnaker (2000).
Summary of Accommodation:
• All joinery work is done in accordance with the best yacht practice, using first-grade materials.
• Teak with hand rubbed satin finish is used for all visible woodwork.
• Floorboards with laid teak veneer, providing access to the bilge.
• Quick pins provided for lifting the floorboards.
• Topsides where visible lined with teak battens.
• Overhead lined with removable paneling.
• Wooden trim inside overhead hatches renewed in 2008.
• Roller blinds/mosquito screens for hinged deck hatches from 0.5 m width upwards.
• Cabinets, tables, bureaus, seats, dressers etc. have rounded corners.
• Doors, partitions and paneling throughout are teak-faced plywood.
• Door sills have stainless steel chafing pieces.
• Self-engaging latches with bumpers to hold doors in open position.
• Hanging lockers are equipped with rods and hooks and have bottom drawers where possible, and their doors are provided with louvers for ventilation.
• Drawers are secured with latches.
• Wooden companionway ladders with non-slip steps.
• Hard bottom berths equipped with canvas leeboards.
• Complete supply of bed linen.
• Dark blue covers with white stripes for settees.
• Complete supply of towels for interior and exterior.
• White blinds in saloon.
Hatches and Portlights:
• On fore deck two-part hinged aluminium hatches to deck stowage, and anchor windlass.
• Sliding hatch of aluminium and tinted Perspex above sail locker
• Goiot deck hatches and portholes.
• Main companionway lockable sliding hatch of tinted acrylic.
• In aft cockpit hinged GRP hatches to lazarette.
• Gas locker under helmsman's seat.
• Liferaft lockers in aft cockpit.
Description of layout from forwards:
• Single berth installed; though no cushion.
• Storage lockers on port side outboard.
Forward Guest Cabins (Port and Starboard side, forward of saloon):
• Double lower berths.
• Pullman upper berth each side.
• Hanging lockers and drawers provided.
• Each cabin has en suite head with integrated shower.
• U-Shaped dining settee to port with seating for eight persons around large teak table.
• Settee to starboard with coffee table.
• Bookshelves and lockers to port and starboard,
• Bar and liquor locker in SB forward corner.
• The U-shaped galley is located to port amidships.
• Forward facing chart table with seat and storage for charts (completely renewed in 2011 refit).
• Provided with shelves, lockers, drawers and space for instruments and radios on angled panels.
• Main switchboard on engine room bulkhead.
• Aft of switchboard entrance to engine room.
• Oilskin locker aft of engine room door.
Aft Guest Cabin:
• Forward of the owner’s cabin along the starboard side corridor, there is a guest cabin with upper and lower berths and en suite head with shower.
• Also along the aft corridor, there is a Candy washing machine hidden behind a panel on the inboard side.
• The master stateroom expands the full beam of the yacht with centreline double berth and an en suite head and separate shower stall.
• To port, a vanity desk with lockers and mirror above, to starboard, a settee that doubles as an additional berth.
• On both port and starboard sides, there are hanging lockers, bookshelves, drawers and cabinets..
Boatmatch Tip: Have a question about the accommodation of the Nautor Swan Swan 68? Contact the seller via clicking on the registering interest button above.
Owner's Comments of the Nautor Swan Swan 68
SEA EAGLE OF SHIAN has been a marvelous yacht for our family. We have raced and cruised with her and had the best of times with her. She is responsive, powerful and very comfortable. She is also a stunning looking yacht that attracts admiring glances wherever she goes, and it has been a privilege to own and upgrade her. However, with a growing family and many other calls on our time, we are not able to commit to the sort of sailing programme that she deserves, so we have reluctantly decided that she must be sold.
Nautor Swan Swan 68 For Sale is lying in Scotland, United Kingdom. At 20.6 metres (approx. 67.59 feet) this Nautor Swan is a bargain at £495,000.
Similar Boats To This Nautor Swan Swan 68 For Sale
Elan 333 Boat For Sale
Hanse 470 E Boat For Sale
Dufour 525 Grande Large Boat For Sale
40ft Gaff Cutter Boat For Sale
Hunter 41DS Boat For Sale
Landi 28 Boat For Sale
Oyster Lightwave 395 Boat For Sale
Sunbeam 53 *reduced* Boat For Sale
Zeydon Z60 *reduced* Boat For Sale
Lagoon 560 Boat For Sale